: March 24, 2020
In light of Governor Kate Brown’s Stay Home Save Lives order announced Monday, March 23, 2020, the Humane Society of Central Oregon (HSCO) is announcing the temporary closure of the HSCO Thrift Store and HSCO Shelter is limited to essential services by appointment only, and reducing the hours at the animal shelter.
A difficult decision has been made to close our Bend Spay Neuter Clinic effective Friday, March 20th until further notice. Staff will be calling those who have scheduled appointments.
In light of the rapidly changing news about COVID-19 and the Governor’s order, HSCO will be making the following changes effective Tuesday, March 23rd :
· HSCO Thrift Store Temporarily Closed until further notice.
· HSCO Animal Shelter Reduced Hours, Monday – Saturday 10a to 3p.
· Adoptions by appointment only. Call HSCO at 541.382.3537 for information regarding an animal and to make an appointment. Pets available for adoption can be found at www.hsco.org.
· All stray dogs are required to be brought in by the Bend Police Department or Deschutes County Sheriff’s Office. If you have a stray in your custody please call non-emergency dispatch at 541.693.6911.
· Stray animals will be reunited with their families by appointment. Animals with identification will be contacted by staff. Strays can be viewed at www.hsco.org/strays/. Staff will be taking lost and found reports via phone.
· All other animal intake will be individually assessed and prioritized by human and animal need. All intake requires an appointment. Please call HSCO (541.382.3537) to provide information on your specific needs.
· HOPE Food Bank recipients for supplemental pet food will require an appointment.
· HSCO’s Cremation Services are running normally for our clients and appointments are necessary for cremations for the public.
· The shelter doors will be closed to the general public. Staff will be answering phones and email Monday through Saturday 10am to 3pm.
· Donations can be dropped off at the shelter. Secure donations can be made online at hsco.org.
· New volunteer applications have been temporarily suspended.
⇒ For more information call 541.382.3537.
Together, hand and paw, we can get through these difficult times. We are staying strong on behalf of the animals and people in our community. You can help by making a cash donation (online at hsco.org), donating pet food or non-clumping cat litter. For more information call 541.382.3537.