Court Mandated Community Service hours are available at the Humane Society of Central Oregon Shelter and Thrift Store. The following guidelines must be met to be accepted:
- Bring court documentation stating how many hours to be completed and date to be completed by.
- Court documentation of offense
- Bring a current form of ID to verify that you are 18 years of age or older.
HSCO will not accept those convicted of the following:
- Animal abuse/ neglect
- Weapons charges
- Sex crimes
- Violent crimes
- Show up between the times of 7am to 8:30am Monday-Friday or Saturday at 8:30am for hours at the shelter
- Wear clothes that you do not mind getting dirty as your task will be cleaning.
- Those completing Court Mandated Community Service hours will have no contact with the public. Contact with shelter animals will be minimal and only pertaining to the cleaning duties assigned.
- Must be able to walk on a concrete floor and be on your feet for most of the day. There is a lot of moving around and physical activities involved with most of the Shelter tasks.
Duties at the shelter you may perform are:
- Washing/ Disinfecting kennels
- Washing/ disinfecting animal crates
- Cleaning windows
- Sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and other duties as needed
Thrift Store Requirements:
- Hours available 10:00 am – 7:00 pm Monday-Saturday, and 10:00 am – 6:00 pm Sunday. Earlier hours may be possible, but must be discussed with management in advance.
- The Thrift Store will try to accommodate as many hours as possible, but you may be turned away or asked to leave early if we have other help scheduled and no other tasks to perform.
- Must be able to walk on a concrete floor and be on your feet for most of the day. There is a lot of moving around and physical activities involved with most of the Thrift Store tasks. If you are unable to walk up a flight of stairs please let management know as soon as possible, as this limits the tasks you will be able to complete.
Duties at the Thrift Store you may perform are:
- Sweeping, vacuuming, washing windows
- Receiving donations
- Cleaning, sorting, and pricing received donations
- Transporting recyclable items from upstairs to downstairs recycling area
For more information about completing court mandated hours, please call the location you are interested in.
Shelter: 541-382-3537 | Thrift Store: 541-388-3448